A special shout out to How to Stuff Your Pig for nominating my blog for the Versatile Blogger Award, In her blog you can find interesting articles on personal finance, tips for frugal living, and ways to save money on my favorite subject: FOOD!
I’ve forwarded some of your posts about saving money to my wife who meals preps the hell out of our kitchen on weekends so our family can spend less! I took the pic from your site for the Versatile Blogger award – hope you don’t mind!
I’m a fairly new blogger and it’s been a pleasure connecting with like minded people about a topics that are often seen as taboo such as family and personal finance. Blogging is harder than I anticipated as I don’t feel that I’m a natural writer. There are days when I’m not sure if anyone is reading my posts, but whenever I get positive feedback from others it keeps me going. Being a father has completely changed my life for the better and I just wanted to share my journey. Thank you to everyone who has spent some time checking out my blog, making comments, and sharing my posts to others. A special thanks to my friend Enjoli who has shared every single one of my posts on Facebook.
The Versatile Blogger Award is something that’s passed along the blogging community to help throw spotlight on other blogs. I greatly appreciate being recognized and would be more than happy to pay it forward and throw shine on other blogs!
These are the copy/pasted rules for the Versatile Blogger Award-
1. Acknowledge the person who nominated you by thanking them and posting a link to their blog.
2. Share 10 interesting things about yourself.
3. Nominate 10 more bloggers
10 Facts About Myself…
- It’s True, It’s True. You really don’t know the meaning of love until you have a child. My child makes me giddy with every single thing she does. She’s pretty damn cute. 🙂
- I am a reformed video game addict. I played so much in my youth that my thumb pops when I bend it a certain way. Now I don’t have any current gaming system.
- I originally nicknamed my daughter “Monkey” because that’s what the main character in show Orphan Black calls her daughter, which I was binge watching when Addie was first born. I now call her “Sweetie Pie” or “Pretty”.
- I used to weigh about 45 lbs more than I currently do now. I credit my wife for inspiring me to live a healthier life by eating better and exercising regularly. I still love me a good burger and fries though 🙂
- I love to read, which has been pretty difficult to make time for in the past year since my daughter was born. The last book I read was The Millionaire Next Door.
- I listen to a lot of podcasts – everything from sports, finance, and comedy. My personal favorite right now is Farnoosh Torabi’s So Money.
- I have one brother who recently became a dad in March. It has been great for our relationship that both of us are going through this journey called fatherhood together.
- I am a TV junkie. In my pre-fatherhood days my wife would sit for hours watching the tube. My current favorite shows are Game of Thrones, Arrow, Daredevil, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and Doctor Who.
- My wife and I have been together for 15+ years and married for 7. I have never loved her more than when she became the mother of our child. She has seen me from a young, spoiled, college kid to a responsible old man. Who happens to still looks like a college kid.
- I’m a huge MLB and NBA fan. Dad may be cheap, but he still manages to spend $130 a season on MLB.TV to catch his San Francisco Giants while living in Los Angeles.
Now for the nominations…
The Versatile Blogger Award
- Go Indent – short stories, poems, and essays by Haydee & Julie
- Napro Husband – for being one of my inspirations when I started my blog. Thank you for sharing your personal story.
- Generation YRA – I love your catchy blog titles and fresh perspective on money. Check out her post where she remixed Jay-Z’s 99 Problems into a rap about saving! Where’s the YouTube video at?
- Because…I’m Cheap – I started using Ibotta because of your post!
- Healthful Saver – your story of paying off her mortgage has inspired me to work towards that same goal!
- The Surprise Millionaires – inspiring stories of people who have accumulated wealth.
- Retire Young Blog – the one who convinced me to get my swag on with Swagbucks
- Just Anne Life – cheap, creative ways to save money on her blog! Love your DIY posts!
- A Frugal Texas Mama – supermom, couponer extraordinaire
- Mr Modern Millenial – I wish I was as responsible about money in college as you! Good luck on the PHD.
There are so many quality blogs out there that narrowing down the list to ten was a challenge for me. Shout out to every single blogger who has put themselves out there and taken the time to share their stories with others.
Cover Photo Credit: woicik